VRML is the most common 3D-rendering technology available for web browsers. Our VRML content complies with the VRML 2.0 specification. The two most-popular VRML 2.0-compliant plug-ins are WorldView from Intervista Technology and Cosmo Player available from Cosmo Software.
- Supports full 3D manipulation.
- Features 6 basic 3D rendering styles.
- Animated morphs between styles.
- Resonant bonds displayed properly.
- Atom Labels are large and clear.
- Orbital models available in VRML only.
- No chemistry knowledge needed.
- Suitable for students and classroom.
- Plug-ins are large (10+ MB).
- Lots of RAM needed (32+ MB).
- VRML too slow for large models.
- Plug-ins for MacOS incomplete.